What are the Best Food For Your Lungs When Vaping
Vaping articles pour vapoteurs laval is seen as a better substitute for smoking so far. However, it doesn’t take away the fact that your lungs are still exposed to synthetic chemicals. It may not be as destructive as cigarettes, but there is a chance that your lungs can be compromised, long-term speaking. One of the best ways to counteract that is through a healthy diet.
How Vaping Can Affect Lungs
If you are not familiar with how vaping works, here it goes: a compact device boils vaping fluid through electricity until it is gaseous and ready to be inhaled. This vaping fluid mimics the experience one has when smoking a cigarette.
Logically, the culprit lies in the components of the liquid. The common ingredients that comprise it are water, flavorings, nicotine, and either vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, or both. Obviously, nicotine is already a no-no to our lungs, but newer designs tend to substitute that with something milder.
Both vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol are FDA-approved substances, and they are found commonly in legal drugs and food. However, long-term exposure at a gaseous state still has unknown effects on the lungs. On the other hand, flavorings can be a danger in a discrete way due to the ingredient’ diacetyl’, which is infamously linked to ‘Obliterative Bronchiolitis.’
When these ingredients are introduced to the lungs as you inhale the vapor, there can be residues inside as you exhale. This collection of residues will become mucus, and that can impair the lungs’ operation. This is called ‘mucociliary dysfunction,’ and any lung disease can be developed in this situation.
Aside from that, the pH level of your blood can turn acidic, and the oxygen levels might decrease, causing you to have difficulty in breathing. However, if you incorporate healthy foods along with moderation of usage, you might balance things out.
Foods For The Lungs
Regular intake of the following foods can lessen the damage of vaping to your lungs. To be specific, you need foods rich in alkaline (to lower acidity level), increase the oxygen level in your blood, and are rich in antioxidants, which can combat free radicals (unstable sub-particles that can damage cells).
- Vegetables- Choose the leafy greens and root vegetables.
- Fruits- Examples are bananas, apples, oranges, and lemons.
- Spices- Spices like curry, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Healthy Proteins– Plant-based are more recommended, such as chestnuts and almonds.
Foods That Can Increase Oxygen Level
- Sprouted Seeds-Sprouting can increase levels of magnesium and folate.
- Juiced Wheatgrass– A common ingredient in health smoothies.
- Spirulina– It can boost metabolism and also acts as an antitoxin.
- Bulbs Vegetables– Examples are garlic, onion and leeks
- Berries – Highly recommended are blueberries and blackberries
- Orange Fruits/Vegetables– Oranges, mangoes, carrots, pumpkins, and more
Aside from taking in healthy foods, it is advisable to stay away from dairy products and processed foods if you are still in the vaping habit. Along with a healthy diet, also try to perform cardio exercises to keep the lungs functioning properly.